The Clinical Laboratory of Xiangya Hospital, CSU was founded in 1949 (the Teaching and Research Section was founded in 1986). The founder was professor Bingyang Liu. The past directors of the laboratory included Bingyang Liu, Mingjun Li, Zhenhua Wang, Guozhai Liu, Dali Cai, Mingwen Gao, Ziming Shi, Yudan Huang and Yin Tang. The present director is Wen’en Liu. Through ongoing efforts, the Clinical Laboratory gets rapid development. At present, it becomes a comprehensive medical laboratory which well integrated with clinic, teaching and scientific research. The laboratory of clinical microbiology, biochemical automation, immunology and molecular diagnosis have reached the national leading level. There are scores of national and international delegation visiting the Clinical Laboratory every year.